- Scalebase announced that it received $10.5M of funding. Their product is what they call the "ScaleBase Data Traffic Manager." According to their website, they do the following:
- They create a layer between any application and the database tier (currently this means MySQL, although they seem to be working on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server)
- They have two scale-out mechanisms:
- They automatically partition the data.
- Their system is based on a shared-nothing architecture
- GigaOM speculates that interesting new data services will be in the stock at amazon.com in the future, in particular high-end analytics and more support for enterprise applications.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Activities Around Data Services
In the last days, there has been quite quite some news in the data services space: