- Scalebase announced that it received $10.5M of funding. Their product is what they call the "ScaleBase Data Traffic Manager." According to their website, they do the following:
- They create a layer between any application and the database tier (currently this means MySQL, although they seem to be working on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server)
- They have two scale-out mechanisms:
- They automatically partition the data.
- Their system is based on a shared-nothing architecture
- GigaOM speculates that interesting new data services will be in the stock at amazon.com in the future, in particular high-end analytics and more support for enterprise applications.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
In the last days, there has been quite quite some news in the data services space: